#10 Emerging Artists chart
#1,068 Ultimate 100 Artists chart
Chase Yaklin wasted no time pursuing his music career, self-releasing his first album while still a teenager in Orange Grove, Texas (pop. 1,288). Soon after, he took on the last name Bryant, which is a family name shared by his grandfather, Jimmy Bryant, a piano player who performed with legends Roy Orbison and Waylon Jennings. His uncles also co-founded the group Ricochet, who saw success in the 90s and continue to play and tour today…Country music is in Chase’s blood!
Bryant graduated high school early and headed to Los Angeles to write before ending up in Nashville where he was quickly noticed for his songwriting, self-taught production skills, and exceptional guitar playing (he plays left-handed on a right-handed guitar a la Jimi Hendrix). Independent label Broken Bow Records identified the young talent and signed him to a deal on the Red Bow Records imprint in the summer of 2013. His self-titled debut EP was released just about a year later and his breakout single, Take It on Back, did very well at Country radio.
A hallmark of many fast-rising stars, Bryant has not feared the road, regularly touring venues from clubs as a headliner all the way up to arenas as an opener. In 2015 Chase provided support for Brantley Gilbert and then teamed up with Billy Currington as openers on Tim McGraw’s Shotgun Rider tour. Having recently supported dates on Kip Moore’s Wild Ones tour, his current swing continues into the spring and he has many festival appearances lined up well into the summer, including the Tortuga Music Festival, Country Jam Colorado, and Country Thunder USA.
The second official single, Little Bit of You, is currently Top 10 at Country radio. The video, which gives a taste of his live show and life on the road, was recently released so anticipate the track’s momentum remaining high. Considering that the last 18 months have been powered by a 5-song EP we are likely to see Chase make even more big moves when his full album, which he is co-producing, is released later this year.
- Little Bit of You is currently #7 at Country radio, with nearly 9,900 spins in the last week
- 152,000 spins to date, 719 million audience to date
- The video is also in solid rotation on CMT and Great American Country
- Take It on Back peaked at #8 on the Country radio chart in February 2015 and remains in rotation at dozens of stations
- Over 200,000 spins to date, over 1 billion audience to date
- 2.1 million YouTube plays in the U.S. (averaging ~110k/week over the last 4 weeks) and 3.4 million globally (averaging ~179k/week over the last 4 weeks)
- 60% of U.S. plays are for Take It on Back, 40% are for Little Bit of You
Want to discover even MORE emerging artists? Check out http://www.ultimatechart.com/chart/ultimate-emerging-chart