#5 Emerging Artists chart
#459 Ultimate 100 Artists chart
We wonder if singer-songwriter Kiiara has quit her day job at a hardware store by now; thinking “yes.” Having debuted on our Emerging Artists chart in April and just turned 21-years-old, this newcomer radiates a mature soul through her electronic pop/alternative sound with vocals that have been compared to the likes of Ellie Goulding and Lorde.
Her Felix Snow-produced single Gold was released in the summer of 2015 and found purchase abroad, including hitting #5 on the Australian charts and achieving Platinum certification Down Under. The jam was helped along when it was featured in an Apple Watch commercial that same year. Jia Tolentino of Jezebel.com described Gold as “a bit like FKA Twigs crossed with Kate Boy, an intersection I wasn’t expecting and is welcome anytime.” Agreed. She fits right in with other up and coming artists that have been on our radar lately like Marian Hill, Made in Heights, and Kanye West protégé Kacy Hill.
This past March her debut EP, low kii savage, was released and the official video for Gold hit YouTube where it is gaining momentum week-by-week while MTV and Fuse are adding even more eyeballs. U.S. radio has quickly taken to the song where it is now on playlists at over half of the Top 40 stations in the country as well as warming up at the Hot AC and Rhythmic formats.
Kiiara is currently performing live dates, including an appearance at Lollapalooza at the end of July. More touring is surely forthcoming and an official video for Feels is soon to be released. Love from The Fader, Idolator, The Guardian, Consequence of Sound, Disco Naivete, Earmilk, Neon Gold, and Stereogum adds to the growing consensus that things are just getting started for this Emerging Artist.
- Gold is off to a great start at Top 40 radio where it is #38
- Also getting attention at Hot AC and Rhythmic
- 4,717 spins to date, 14.41 million audience to date
- 130 million streams on Spotify
- MTV and Fuse have played the video for Gold 45 times in the last week
- 9.1 million YouTube plays in the U.S. (averaging ~718,490k/week over the last 4 weeks) and 45 million globally (averaging ~2M/week over the last 4 weeks)
- 81.1% of plays are for Gold
- 18.9% of plays are for Feels
Want to discover even MORE emerging artists? Check out http://www.ultimatechart.com/chart/ultimate-emerging-chart